Time spent on freight transportation management might be better spent elsewhere. It may take some time to locate a reliable, cost-effective carrier. It will take some time to complete all of the necessary documentation. Another thing to think about is the time spent studying freight transportation to make sure that internal management is done right. If you own a company, why not let Vineyard Brokerage handle your shipping needs?
We Can Take Care of a Lot of the Little Things for You
Our website has a lot of information for small businesses about shipping, and we also do this for them. Whichever you like, the decision is yours. At Vineyard Brokerage, we are proud of being experts in shipping, and we are happy to help you in any way we can.
See How We Can Help Below
- By giving customers a free tool to get quotes, you can help them quickly and easily compare shipping rates from many reputable carriers.
- Get all the information we need from you to make sure everything goes well.
- We’ll book your shipment with the carrier of your choice at a deeply reduced cost and pass those savings on to you.
- Take care of the administrative details, including making payment to the shipping company.
Our Three Programs
The following are three special programs that are helping our clients reach their top-level, long-term business goals:
- Paperless Workflows: In today’s business world, many companies, including our own clients, have switched to paperless workflows for transportation planning and execution. This not only helps cut down on the amount of paper that is wasted, but it also frees up employees by removing the need for manual procedures and activities that take a lot of time and need a lot of paperwork. On top of that, it lowers the chance of failure, which is often a problem with paper-driven procedures. With the help of our transportation management product, customers have been able to switch to paperless, mobile workflows that get rid of most manual, paper-based processes.
- Cost of Carbon: For the purpose of lowering the industry’s total carbon footprint, transportation planners need to make more informed choices about carriers, modes, and service levels. We are able to assist our clients in accomplishing this goal in a number of ways, one of which is by factoring carbon penalty charges into our optimization engine and providing them with the freedom to influence the result. During the planning phase, these predetermined penalty costs motivate certain behaviors, such as choosing certain pieces of equipment, modes of transportation, or routes that may lessen the amount of handling that is required.
- “What If” Scenario Analysis: A significant number of the earlier transportation options scheduled freight by reducing the number of kilometers traveled. We have moved away from this notion and are now focusing on multi-dimensional planning considerations that assist our clients in being more environmentally responsible. We are able to incorporate real-time information, such as traffic, weather, and congestion, along with other IoT sensory information, by gathering data across the peripheral domains that impact the supply chain and carbon footprint. This allows us to understand the impact that these inputs have on assets, idle time, driver hours, and more.
Specifically, we can determine how traffic, weather, and congestion affect assets. Customers will then be able to compare options that are good for the environment and make the best decisions that will lead to less pollution. We came up with the idea of execution mode scheduling, which lets transportation management automatically change plans while a truck is moving if there are problems with the schedule. This can help cut down on the amount of trash made and also improve carbon footprinting scores. Other features include a dynamic system for splitting orders and a dock scheduling system that works with the warehouse.